Welcome to West Berkshire Mencap
West Berkshire Mencap was first set up as a local society in 1954. In 1996 the society moved into purpose built premises in Newbury, generously donated by local company Trencherwood, and opened by HM The Queen. The Mencap hall, which is fully equipped for those with a disability, is used daily. It has an induction loop for the hard of hearing. There is also a large purpose built double sensory room that can be hired. The grounds of the Mencap Centre contain a children’s playground with a wheelchair swing and other equipment accessible for children with or without a disability.